Monday, November 21, 2011

[SOLVED] Is your desktop stretched in Ubuntu? How to install Intel EMGD drivers in Ubuntu?


One problem I faced with my Asus EeePC 1101HA was adjusting the screen resolution. Things would appear really stretched when I installed Ubuntu 11.04. The Display option would have only one option for me (4:3). A little research on the topic and I found the following commands to actually install the Intel EMGD drivers which would give me enough options to choose from:


sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gma500/emgd
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xorg-emgd emgd-dkms emgd-xorg-conf
sudo emgd-xorg-conf

Run these codes one after another and then reboot to changes take effect. Now go to

System -> Monitors

You would be able to see all the available options for the monitor configuration.

Hope this solves your problem of adjusting monitor configurations.

2 comments:

  1. It is not solving the issue. From line 3 onwards ubuntu shows error message.

    ReplyDelete